From time to time, I get a request -- Do you have any book recommendations for 'issue X, Y, Z'?
While there is an overabundance of books in print (and out of print) for any given situation, here are a few of my favorites in a few key categories:
- Start with Why (Sinek)
- The Book on Leadership (Macarthur)
- Primal Leadership (Goleman, Boyatzis, McKee)
- HBR's 10 Must Reads On Change Management (Harvard Business Review)
- Switch (Heath & Heath)
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 (Rath)
- Linchpin (Godin)
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team (Lencioni)
- Strengths Based Leadership (Rath, Conchie)
PRODUCT / SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT
- Insanely Simple (Segall)
- The EMyth Revisited (Gerber)
- How the Mighty Fall (Collins)
- Mission Drift (Greer, Horst)
Fun Fact: The bookends in this picture are made of sandstone from the U.S. Capitol Building, constructed between 1793-1825. The stone was removed in the 1950s during renovation.
What books would you add to this list? Any you'd suggest come off? Add your comments below.